27 3月 2022
Phyllis Bedells Bursary 2022
Enter the Phyllis Bedells Bursary and you could win £1,000 towards continuing your training, and a further £250 in recognition of your own choreography.
Recognising young dancers’ excellence in artistic and technical achievement and providing opportunities for creativity, the bursary is named in honour of Phyllis Bedells, a founder member and Vice-President of the RAD. It takes place each year, and is open to young dancers who have passed the RAD Intermediate Examination and Advanced 1 Examination (Advanced 1 with Distinction).
Supported by the Mary Kipps Bequest, the bursary of £1,000 can be used to further the winner’s training. Payment can be offset against existing tuition fees or against material and equipment.
The bursary also recognises the huge importance of nurturing and providing opportunities for creativity in young dancers with the Dancer’s Own section. This allows candidates to perform their own choreography, or one designed by a fellow student. The Choreographic Award recognises the best of the Dancer’s Own choreography. Thanks to a bequest from the estate of the late Dr Ivor Guest, a monetary prize of £250 will be awarded.
Sunday 27 March 2022
The timetable for the day will be confirmed after the closing date and exact timings will depend on the number of entries. Candidates should keep the whole day of Sunday 27 March 2022 free. The candidates’ teachers will not be required to attend the placing call, but may purchase a ticket to attend the performance and judging taking place in the afternoon.
Royal Academy of Dance
188 York Road
The 2022 bursary will consist of:
- a non-syllabus class at Advanced 1 level,
- the performance of Dancer’s Own, and
- one Classical Repertoire variation
The non-syllabus classical class will be set by the Artistic Director of the Royal Academy of Dance, Gerard Charles who will not be a member of the Judging Panel. A warm-up class will also take place before the Bursary class.
Applicants must fulfil the following:
- Be current members of the RAD
- Be of non-professional status
- Have passed the RAD Intermediate Examination and Advanced 1 Examination (Advanced 1 with Distinction)
- The required Examination results must have been awarded by 7 March 2022.
- Be under 17 years of age on 7 March 2022.
- Have not taken the RAD’s Advanced 2 Examination before 7 March 2022.
How to Enter
- Download and read the 2022 Application Pack to ensure you have all of the information required before you begin completing the online form.
- Make your application online by clicking the ‘Enter now’ button below and follow the instructions to enter all your information.
- The fee of £82.00 must be paid at the time of application.
- All applications must be received by the closing date, 7 March 2022. Applicants who have taken the required examination but are still waiting for their result may apply provided that all other entry requirements are met. Applicants must advise by 7 March 2022 whether they are eligible to enter. Candidates who have not achieved the required examination result by 7 March will be refunded their entry fee.
- A short biography, of not more than 60 words, must be included with the application. Please include details of specific teachers or coaches who have been influential in your training if you feel this is appropriate to your biography.
- A short explanation of why the candidate has selected the variation they are to perform, and how they went about creating their Dancer’s Own, must also be included.
- Students may re-apply for the Bursary as many times as they wish, provided the entry requirements are met.
Important notice: You will receive confirmation that your application has been received; please note this is not confirmation of a place at this year’s competition. Candidates will be notified after the closing date at the beginning of March, as to whether or not they have secured a place. Please do not book any travel or accommodation prior to receiving the final confirmation.
A limited number of audience tickets to watch this years candidates will go on sale in the new year.
For further information please email: email@example.comEnter Now
|Advanced 1 (with Distinction)||Under 17 years||£82 Candidate Entry Fee ||7 3月 2022 12:00下午|